Friday, January 14, 2011

Sanjha Chulha - Review - Vegetarian Restaurant - Marathahalli, Bangalore

Sanjha Chulha

My relation with the brand goes back to my Brigade Solutions days (the 1st company I worked with)..... the Chennai franchisee of the brand in Egmore, used to supply everything to our cafeteria those days......

The one I am reviewing now is in Marathahalli, Bangalore. I shall come to the location details later on.....

First things first first: The ambiance was excellent. My wife and I went on a peaceful evening to try this place out (as she is extremely strict about 100% ghas-phoos rest'nt only). I had a slight ambiguity about taking her, when I noticed in one of the reviews that there is a bar there, but, there were a lot of families their and it was not like a bar attached hotel at all..... So, be free to take your family in group or just with your better half....it is a pleasant place to dine in....

The bearer were very polite and friendly - the next most important thing you expect when you go out to eat. They primarily serve (the best) Punjabi dishes and Chinese. We went there in a plan to eat Chinese... as soon as I saw the buffet menu, I changed my mind :) - the foodie that I am couldn't control the temptation....

I was told it is the franchise of the brand and is owned by Mr. Nithin Methani and that all their paneer dishes use authentic Malai Paneer from Delhi..... I would accept that claim...I had the best ever paneer dishes in Bangalore here (obviously, it only comes next to the ones my wife make at home :-D - my daily food depends on that statement...)

Now coming to the dishes: As I had indicated I had the buffet that night and the menu was as follows:

Tomato Dhanya Shorbha - for the soup - was good and tastes extactly as it should....

Starters were:

Hara Bara Kabab: Excellent they were.....
Malai Paneer Tikka: Brilliantly made.....I had both of them for a second time and restrained myself after my wife reminded me that they were still starters.....
Chilly Baby Corn: It was perfectly made...

Main Course:

Veg Noodles
Lahori Masala Paneer: We perfectly well with both the laccha paratta and the pulav
Dal Tadka: Same goes here .... it was made exactly as it should have been and Burrrrp ... it disappeared....
Tawa Vegetable: It was another awesome dish.... as it had all vegetables I love....
Mix Vegetable Raitha

Veg Pulao: Nicely made.....no issues
Assorted Bread : I had Laccha Paratta only as it tasted very nice and I didn't want to fill too much (as if I had not already :-) )
Veg Hot Garlic Fried Rice: Sacrificed this for dessert ;-)

Desert

Gulab Jamun (yummy it was) - When we went and sat, I noticed one of the server, was behind the counter next to us and was taking out jamuns from a dabba with bare hands... and putting them in cups.....but thank god that tin got over and the person who served us opened a new tin and took the jamun in a spoon to my relief.... If you are bothered about such things, just inform them politely to use spoon....
Vanilla Ice Cream: Now what can I say about that, along with Jamun.... it was heavenly...
Freshly Cut Fruit

All of the above for Rs. 250

My wife had chinese and was also so satisfied with the taste... that she has already recommended SC to all my neighbors and her friends.

I have only one negative feedback to give: The price of the mineral water they serve is very high Rs. 40/ 1 litre (unchilled) bottle. I am not sure of the business logic behind it.... I hope Nithin will understand that most people who come there are still in the middle class and upper middle class and we buy a 20 litre water can for that amount and it really stings us right across our pocket. Please do something about that.

Having said that and hoping that Nithin will do something about it......That is definitely no reason for us to not to go there again...... We will hit SC again but restrain oursleves to normal warmed water instead of the richie rich bottles....

Please visit SC and leave a comment below on how my review is and how Sanjha Chulha was !!!!

One more addition: They have take away also..... please find below the scan of their take away menu.... click on them to enlarge them.....